Here at Baytown we’re committed to protecting your privacy at all times and we won’t share any information we collect with third parties for marketing or commercial purposes.
Website privacy and contact
Whilst using our website we will take the necessary steps to protect your privacy as a user, and our website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
When you place an order through our website we’ll need to know a little information about you. This is so we can fulfil our service to you as a customer, and ensure your coffee experience is the best it can be. We will store this information securely, allowing us to the contact you about your order should we need to. We may also use this information to contact you with offers, updates and newsletters, to enhance your user experience, but only if you have given us permission. You can always opt out at any time.
We will not retain financial details you submit as part of the ordering process, your payment will be made over a secure connection to our payment provider. Please do not email card information to us.
Cookies are small files that save to the users’ hard drive via your browser. They save and store information about your interactions with our website allowing an experience tailored to you individually.
If you wish to stop the saving and usage of cookies from this website on your computer hard drive, you can choose to block all cookies in your web browser settings. This may limit your customer experience whilst using this website.
Data storage and consent
Any data you submit as part of the online process is kept private and stored securely until it is no longer required or has no use. We will always process personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
GDPR, introduced in May 2018, seeks to give people more control over how organisations use their personal data, and to ensure data protection law is consistent across the EU. Any data that can be used to identify an individual is classed as personal data.
The Baytown Coffee Company will ensure that all personal data is only stored where permission has been granted, and directly relates to the nature of the business we have with our customers.
- You can ask for access to your data. The Baytown Coffee Company must respond within one month.
- The Baytown Coffee Company must be transparent about how we collect data, what we do with that data, and how we process that data.
- You have the right to access any information we hold, know why that data is being processed, how long it’s stored for, and who gets to see it.
- If this data is incorrect or incomplete, you can ask for it to be rectified.
- You have the right to ask for all or any part of this data, to be deleted if it is no longer necessary to the purpose for which it was collected.
- Should you wish for this data to be transferred elsewhere The Baytown Coffee Company must provide this information.
- You have the right to unsubscribe from our mailing list at anytime, and can do so through your account.
We do and will…
- Use your data to contact you with regards to orders placed with us online or telephone.
- Use your data to provide product status updates.
- Use your data to provide information regarding new products and offers.
- Utilise robust and secure data processing procedures to protect your privacy.
We don’t and won’t ever…
- Sell your data to third parties.
- Store your data unnecessarily.
- Bombard you with unnecessary communications.
By using our website or contacting us through it, you are consenting to the collection and use of the information you provide by The Baytown Coffee Company. Although every effort has been made to ensure secure form to email submission, we advise users that they use this service at their own risk.